If you are considering remodeling your bathroom, walk-in tubs can be a good investment for the future or a great improvement and help for people with limited mobility. California Energy Contractors has over twenty years of experience installing walk-in tubs in Southern California. We can help you select the right one for your home and your lifestyle needs.
What Are The Pros Of A Walk-In Tub?
A walk-in tub is a great feature you can add to your bathroom. It will ensure safety and even privacy for yourself or your loved ones. If you are thinking about installing one but, you are not sure if this option is right for you, below are some pros and cons to consider before making a final purchasing decision.
- Safe: When bathing, safety is always a concern, especially for the elderly or people and adults with disabilities. A regular shower can cause a person to slip and fall, while a regular bathtub can be hard to access and exit. A walk-in tub is a perfect compromise between the two. It has a wide watertight door and ultra-low step-in, that can ensure a comfortable and carefree entrance. More safety features that most traditional tubs don’t have, such as built-in seating and grab bars, can assure the user of a superior bathing experience and make them a great choice for the elderly.
- Easy to clean: Walk-in bathtubs are designed to last and are easy to clean. They are constructed with a non-porous material which hinders grime and dirt build-up. This feature ensures protection from mold and mildew, offering a clean and healthy bathing experience. Also, the door assures accessibility to every surface without bending over.
- Temperature Control: Temperature control is a great feature of a walk-in bathtub. The water can be made warmer or cooler with just the touch of a finger. This makes it very easy to adjust the tub’s temperature to personal needs, facilitating its use for people with disabilities.
What Are The Cons Of A Walk In Tub?
Obviously, there are many advantages to getting a walk-in tub. We didn’t mention all of them in this article, and the benefits greatly outweigh the risks. However, when making an investment, you also want to consider the negative sides and risks, so you can make an informed decision and be better prepared in the eventuality that some problems arise:
- Risk of flooding: In a walk-in tub, the doors are water-sealed, but if the door isn’t closed all the way, the weight of the water in the tub could push it open, and the water can come out, quickly flooding the bathroom. Due to the deeper capacity, the water outpour will be bigger than with a traditional bathtub. At California Energy Contractors, we offer walk-in bathtubs that feature a superior watertight door seal. Our tubs are also equipped with multiple drains, including a “hurry drain” specially designed to allow your tub to drain in 110 seconds. The gravity-fed processes eliminate vacuums and air bubbles, allowing for maximum water flow.
- Potential for leaking: If installed incorrectly, this kind of tub can sometimes leak around the seals. The water puddled on the floor can cause a potential slip-and-fall hazard. At California Energy Contractors, we are an authorized manufacturer’s dealer factory trained, to adhere to the strictest installation guidelines. It helps ensure the walk-in bathtub is installed correctly, and it provides a homeowner with a Limited Lifetime Manufacturer’s Warranty.
Contact Us For A Free Estimate On Walk-In Tubs
If you think that a walk-in tub is the right choice for you, or you have more questions about the pros and cons of a walk-in tub, contact California Energy Contractors today. We work in Southern California, providing you with a free in-home consultation. We are looking forward to improving your home and safety. Give us a call at (855) 779-1413, or click here for a FREE estimate!